Who A.R.e. WE?
WE A.R.E. THE CHURCH!
We have been drawn and Adopted by God, the Father, into his gospel centered community.
We have been Redeemed by Jesus Christ, the Son, to live a life of redemption and restoration, loving and serving as Jesus Christ first loved and served us.
We are EMPOWERED by the Holy Spirit, to carry out the task of the Great Commission through disciple multiplication.
Established September 15, 1901; a small congregation formed on an acre of land in Boynton Township near what is known today as modern-day Hopedale IL.
On September 14, 1902, Boynton dedicated its new building to service for the Lord and named her Boynton Mennonite Church.
In 1967 the congregation voted to build a new church in the village of Hopedale. The first worship service was held on July 19, 1970. The building was dedicated on September 20, 1970. In September 1980 a church spire and sign were dedicated. An enclosed entrance and an elevator with an entry were added as the church began to "build up".
In September 2001, Boynton celebrated 100 years of service to the Lord. We are hopeful that the next 100 years are full of growth and service to the Lord.
On June 13th 2004 the church broke ground for the current sanctuary and fellowship hall attached to the existing building. In July of 2006 we held the first Sunday morning service in the finished sanctuary.
During August of 2017, the church changed the name to Living Hope Community Church. This was done as part of a re-identification process of ourselves as a body of believers, as well as our vision and mission statement to reflect our calling to make and send out disciples in the name of Jesus Christ.
For many years the congregation has partnered with the Hopedale Mennonite Church in Vacation Bible School, Mennonite Youth Fellowship, as well as many other activities.